Senior Systems Analyst
Shall analyze, design, develop, configure & maintain databases & interfaces using Oracle CRM modules like Oracle Field Service, Oracle Tele Service, Oracle Service Contracts, Oracle Installed Base,Oracle sales and Oracle Marketing. Must have 4 years of college education in Science/Computer applications with 5 years of experience in the above mentioned skills. Foreign equivalent acceptable. Travel is required across the US. Submit resume to HR, Datasys Consulting & Software Inc 600 Alexander Road Suite 1B Princeton NJ 08540
HL7 Interface Engineer
The ideal candidate will have expertise in HL7 ADT interface development as well as in Web based development. The interface engineer/analyst is responsible for interface development, implementation, analysis, modification, testing, and support from pre implementation through post go-live activities. The interface engineer/analyst will also be required to review, analyze and evaluate business systems and user needs, document detailed interface specifications, identify and record translation table values, conduct testing with the field, and support interface and integration change requests. The interface engineer / analyst may also be required to review and analyzes the effectiveness of current systems and procedures, and architect or play an important contribution in the architecture development of the organization's interface and information exchange platform.
- Four year College Degree with major in computer science or health management information systems
- Five plus years in solution development and interface/ integration experience.
- Must possess excellent skills in data mapping and data translations, system integrations and data integrity, compatibility, and standardization.
- Must possess excellent knowledge of data processing, databases, systems analysis, systems development, software implementation, application development, software support, and solution architecture.
- Must be very well versed with all the HL7 ADT segments.
- Development experience with web services and the .NET platform – three or more years preferred
- HL7 Interface Engine knowledge and experience
- Hospital Information Systems: Meditech, Cerner, McKesson, GE, etc.
- SQL Server (Database, TSQL and SSIS)
- Experience in MS VB and other scripting languages
- Current Microsoft Technologies and Development Platforms, including Team Systems
- .NET and HL7/Connect working knowledge is desirable
- Experience in Development of Web Based solutions with Microsoft C#, WCF and Entity Data is desirable.
Status: Contract, Contract to Hire or Direct
Our Customer is seeking a highly motivated individual for the position of Senior Interface Developer. This candidate will be part of the team responsible for participation in the positioning of their software as a Best of Breed product in the Emergency Department Arena.
Essential Functions :
- Work with Project Management and Business Analysis Teams to translate interface requirements into a well-defined project scope.
- Write code for data interchange programs and interfaces
- Test, deploy, and validate the interfaces to achieve project sign off from internal and external project stakeholders.
- SQL Server Database development for engine connectivity.
- In depth Development experience with the HL7 messaging standard and Corepoint Integration Engine (formerly NeoIntegrate) for processing of HL7 messages
- SQL Server Database Development experience; deep knowledge of queries, stored procedures, triggers, indexes, data types and table structures.
- Prior experience with Interface Engine connectivity to Database
- Exposure to various hospital registration, financial, and clinical systems is helpful.
- Working knowledge of VBScript and DOS batch file processing.
- Experience with a multitude of interface connectivity methods such as HL7 socket communications, FTP file transfers, screen and printer scraping and internet delivery.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or other relevant field or 5 + years related work experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- The ability to provide consistent, thorough, and detailed analysis and follow through.
- Exceptional Interpersonal skills – demonstrating an ability to successfully work with internal and external clients at all levels of responsibility.
HL7 Interface Developer
Educational requirements and/or preferences (Licensure, Registration, Certification, Experience, Other):
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Healthcare Informatics or equivalent.
- 3+ years experience with business analysis in a Healthcare IT environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate expertise in systems analysis concepts with an emphasis on systems integration.
- Demonstrated expertise in HL7
- Demonstrated experience in functional specifications, technical specifications, report design, documentation, systems analysis, user relations and vendor interactions.
- Extensive knowledge of standard IT practices related to business application development and implementation.
- Hands-on experience with patient care-oriented databases and hospital-based financial and administrative database applications preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of healthcare applications and terminology, patient care environments, needs and priorities of patient care personnel preferred.
- Competence in mainstream personal computer-based database development, office automation, project management, and communications tools.
- Able to deal with diverse skill sets and personalities; function well as a team player; and earn the respect and trust of end-users and EIS peers.
- Highly organized with proven ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workload, and manage own time effectively.
- Executes all job responsibilities and assignments promptly, reliably, honestly, and ethically.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, troubleshooting and customer service abilities.
- Highly adaptable, with experience working in a fluid, dynamic environment.
- Project Management experience preferred
- Training of technical and business users preferred
- Exposure to interface engines especially Intersystems Ensemble preferred
The HL7 Analyst will work on the implementation of public health objectives of the national electronic health record incentive program. This includes Syndromic Surveillance using HL7 v. 2.5.1. He or she will work closely with electronic disease surveillance program staff. The HL7 Analyst will assist with outreach and recruitment of partners relating to the federal electronic health record incentive program Meaningful Use objectives. He or she will be responsible for working with data exchange partners, including hospitals and their software vendors, on setting up secure messaging using national standards, and validation of HL7 messages. This position will also assist with the exportation of syndromic surveillance data from the BioSense Syndromic Surveillance system using SQL.
- 2-3 years of experience working with HL7, especially version 2
- Knowledge of the structure of HL7 and how to build/validate HL7 messages
- Experience in public health informatics or medical informatics
- Experience with electronic health record systems or laboratory information systems
- Knowledge of MS Office Tools (Excel, Word, and Access)
- Ability to run basic SQL database queries
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to exchange ideas with technical and clinical or epidemiological stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Ability to partner and lead small multidisciplinary teams to deliver project objectives
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, including a creative and self-motivated mindset
- Certified HL7 V2.x Control Specialist
- Masters degree in public health informatics, biomedical informatics, epidemiology or similar; or an information technology degree with experience in public health or healthcare
- An understanding of public health reporting and surveillance
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of standard coding for health information exchange, such as LOINC, SNOMED and ICD-9
- Knowledge of secure file transmission standards
- Experience using SAS, or equivalent statistical analysis software
- Experience with large databases