HL7(Health Level Seven International):
HL7-Health level seven, "Level Seven" refers to the seventh level of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO).Health Level Seven International (HL7) is the global authority on standards for interoperability of health information technology.
HL7 in Datasys:
As a member of HL7 ,Datasys provides the following to the clients.Through HL7 ,
- Reports the electronic laboratory results to Public health.
- provides framework (and related standards) for the exchange, integration, sharing, and retrieval of electronic health information. The 2.x versions of the standards, which support clinical practice and the management, delivery, and evaluation of health services.
- promotes the use of such informatics standards within and among healthcare organizations to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of healthcare information delivery for the benefit of all.HL7 will transmit the laboratory-report to appropriate local,state,territorial and federal health agencies.
Work of Datasys:
Datasys has a team of experienced professionals and expertised in all areas of HL7 interface.They are ready to support your organization at any time to help you in short notice. Our consultants have highly specialized expertise in healthcare IT, experienced with all leading systems and fluent with the very latest technology updates and best practices. This is the confidence you need to evolve and compete in today's healthcare environment. Here are some leading interface engine solutions expertise by our Datasys consultants
- BizTalk [Microsoft®]
- Cloverleaf [Lawson (Quovadx)]
- Corepoint, NeoTool [Corepoint Health]
- e-Biz Impact [Sybase]
- EasyConnect [Iatric Systems]
- eLink [Allscripts (Eclipsys)]
- Ensemble [Intersystems]
- Epic Bridges [Epic]
- Fusion Middleware [Oracle]
- Iguana™ [iNTERFACEWARE]
- iWay [iWay Software]
- Mirth Connect [Mirth Corporation]
- Open Engine [Cerner]
- OPENLink [Siemens]
- Pathways [McKesson]
- Rhapsody [Orion Health]
Our Datasys gives more control to your organization and saves money and time by:
- Reducing the required number of export and import endpoints
- Allowing for reuse of data between applications
- Providing an easier method to interface a new or replaced application
- Providing the ability to monitor the entire system at one time
- Providing the ability to proactively notify interested persons using visual display and e-mail, when problems arise.
ICD 9 TO ICD 10 CONVERSION
About ICD 10:
ICD-10 is the 10th revision of the International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems (ICD), a medical classification list by the World Health Organization (WHO). It codes for diseases, signs and symptoms,abnormal findings, complaints, social circumstances, and external causes of injury or diseases.
ICD-10 or a clinical modification of ICD-10 is the classification system currently being used by the majority of the world. The US is the only industrialized nation not using an ICD-10-based classification system.
ICD (International Classification of Diseases) is the code set used to report medical diagnosis and procedures.It is used by healthcare providers to communicate what was done to you and why to your insurance. And it is how an insurance company determines the reimbursement amount to send back to your healthcare provider.
We are currently on version 9 (ICD-9) and are moving to 10 (ICD-10). Here is the US, we are late to the ICD-10 game.
In fact every major developed nation already uses the code set. ICD-9 is more than 30 years old,includes outdated terms, and is inconsistent with current medical practices. Moreover,it cannot accommodate newly developed diagnoses and procedures, innovations in technology and treatment, performance-based payment systems, and more accurate billing requirements.
Every system, coder, physician, and insurance company that deals with ICD-9 will have to convert. And if this conversion isn't done correctly, providers stand to lose millions to reduced reimbursements and extended A/R cycle times.
What Datasys do?
- Datasys helps Healthcare Providers Prepare for Government-Mandated Conversion to ICD-10 Coding.
- Datasys offer a suite of Big Data-enabled software solutions to reduce the financial impact and burden of the ICD-10 conversion.
- Datasys help providers protect their revenues from increased financial waste associated with mandated changes and increased payor scrutiny.
- Reason for the transition to ICD-10-CM/PCS: (Clinical Modification of the WHO's ICD-10/Procedure Coding System)
- Together ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PSC have the potential to reveal more about quality of care, so that data can be used in a more meaningful way to better track the outcomes of care.
- Payors cannot pay claims fairly using ICD-9-CM since the classification system does not accurately reflect current technology and medical treatment.
- The healthcare industry cannot accurately measure quality of care using ICD-9-CM. It is difficult to evaluate the outcome of new procedures and emerging health care conditions when there are not precise codes.
- Everyone covered by HIPAA must use ICD-10 starting October 1, 2014. This includes health care providers and insurers who do not deal with Medicare claims.
Benefits in ICD-10 :
- Greater coding accuracy and specificity
- Higher quality information for measuring healthcare service quality, safety and security
- Improved efficiencies and lower costs
- Reduced coding errors
- Alignment of the US with coding systems worldwide
- Additionally the benefits of ICD-10 outweigh the costs
As part of their implementation. It is unlikely that two bridges will be identical between organizations, introducing variation in expected results of submitted claims, eligibility requests, and so forth.
- Data Discovery and auto-inventory
- Terminology Mapping Services
- Mapping / application service consolidation
- Structured/unstructured data paring